This £20m+ project is work in progress but is on track for successful delivery.
The activities undertaken to date include:
- Feasibility study
- ESFA approval
- Residential masterplanning
- School/education masterplanning
- Land ownership clarifications
- Appointment of planning consultant
- Highways report
- Ecology report
- Topographic survey
- Planning pre-application process
- Appointment of lawyer
- Appointment of land agent
- Marketing of disposal site
- Selection of preferred residential developer
- Agreement of heads of terms
- Further pre-application process
- Exchange of conditional contracts
- Public and community consultation
- Planning application submitted
Planning consent has recently been granted, subject to a s106 Agreement. The extensive plans to provide the school with brand new, state of the art facilities including sports pavilion, artificial pitches, natural turf pitches, new sports hall, new teaching block, will be implemented over the next 3 years.
The project includes a land disposal to Bellway Homes for residential development. The proceeds of the land sale are funding the improvement of the school’s facilities. MEA’s sister company, Building Schools for Nothing (BSfN), worked tirelessly with the school to structure and implement the complex strategy and is delighted that the project is now progressing to implementation.